Become a Truola Tester or Reviewer
Truola Recipe publication process:
Truola takes pride in the quality of its published recipes and we operate a stage gate approach to ensure our recipes are complete and tasty and also that there isn't too much duplication. the process basically goes as follows:
Draft - > Review -> Test -> rework (if necessary) -> publish
To support this process Truola has 4 roles:
1. Recipe Creators:
Anybody with a Truola account can create a recipe and submit it for publication, the recipe will enter the publication process as a draft recipe.
2. Recipe reviewers: review the draft recipes and make sure they are internally consistent, the ingredients are present, the quantities make sense and weed out the spelling errors.
- Recipe reviewers can be Truola staff or cooking enthusiasts in the Truola community who want to see more delicious recipes published.
- You can sign-up for the reviewer program by ticking the reviewer box in your profile.
- Reviewing is voluntary and you can review as many or as little recipes as you like.
- The only thing we ask of you when you do a review is: please complete your review within 2 days of picking the recipe and please take the review seriously.
3. Recipe Testers: try the recipes as presented in order to test if the instructions are clear and easy to follow, the ingredients and quantities make sense and the flavours balance; although your personal preference of course plays a role, try to judge the recipe with a wider audience in mind. you can always make improvement suggestions, but the main purpose is to see if the recipe works and is tasty.
- Recipe testers can be Truola staff or cooking enthusiasts in the Truola community who want to see more delicious recipes published.
- You can sign-up for the tester program by ticking the tester box in your profile.
- Recipe testing is voluntary and you can review as many or as little recipes as you like.
- The only things we ask of you when you do a recipe is: please complete your test and survey within 2 days of picking the recipe and please take the test seriously.
- Following your test, the recipe might need to be reworked a bit and go through another review and test before it can be published.
- You can opt to be both a tester and a reviewer although never for the same recipe.
Final publication of recipes remains a task of Truola recipe operations and remains with selected Truola staff.
Please note any mis-use of the reviewer and tester roles, in the sense of deliberately disfiguring recipes or disrupting the publication process, may result in a review of your account status by the site administrator.